Lost


Like a robot, I have no emotions
Many days I go with the motions
Yet something is lacking
My mind seems to be cracking
Weak and leary I have no backing
heartbeats you are no longer tracking

What has become of thee
That I can no longer see
No longer am I free
Cursed for all eternity
who am I with no identity
I have no warmth or amenity

Crushed is thy heart of homogeneity
Change has come with this oddity
My world filled with the darkness of late
Things at random and can't contemplate
Madness swirling and lustful hate
Oh consciousness you took the bait

Here I will in the darkness stay
Waiting for that light of day
Even if I should fade away
Whilst demons have their place and play

My Soul comes with a cost
And thy veins will be frost
Eyes Have been exhaust
I myself entirely is lost

©2019-2021 by M. Robbins
Edited 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...