Sleepless

Here I sit pondering
My mind racing and wandering
Is this what my life has become
While It seems I am numb

I feel no pain
it’s not clicking with my brain
I know it is there
Yet still, I sit here

Lite up another one
Until the morning sun
One pack becomes none
Again I am stun

Does it make sense
To feel so tense
To have my heart covered by a fence
I cannot spare the expense

Emotions are useless
While people are so ruthless
Mind races
Continue taking those paces

What could I have done differently
Gently and consequently
I suffer from actions not done by me
Why can’t they let me be

Because of my weakness
I now face the rem-world of sleepless

© M. Robbins 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...