Drown In Poverty

Life is a storm that rages on
So goes the common phrase
But I feel life’s a bitter pill
The rich always take the glaze

When will dawn break for the poor
Who struggle to survive
The boat is small, the sea is rough
Get another job they chide

Three jobs he has and still we drown
In bills and debts galore
The media feeds me with their lies
To flee is my only wish

Recession looms as prices soar
Depression lurks behind
A lesson learned too late for us
We should have questioned more

Is this the vision of our founders
Who fled from unjust taxes
Now we are under blunt axes
The rich have turned their backs

Tyranny reigns over the poor
Can anyone hear our plea
We frown in pain and misery
We drown in poverty

©️2023 M. Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...