Eye Pain


Here I sit and wait
As I stare at fate
Malicious grin upon her face
Then disappears without a trace

Two small needles for the eyes 
Anxiety continues to rise 
Tons of numbing drop
I just want all this to stop 

One more month to go 
As my tears just flow
And my depression does grow 
As I watch a flying crow 

Will this be the day 
Will I go blind 
Let me have a rewind 
I won’t pray 

Prayers solved nothing 
Once again out of breath and huffing 
Anxiety strikes 
Jab me with those spikes 

Now it starts to rain 
Eye injections 
For corrections 
Leaving only Eye Pain

©️2023 M. Robbins
Image created with AI programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...