Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks
I speak my words with power and grace
But the pen is mightier than my voice
Yet those who need to hear them most
Are deafened by their own noise
I wipe the tears that stain my face
Insurance has betrayed me
They deny me what I need to live
A diabetic by my genes
They say it's not essential
Or life-preserving
How can they be so cruel?
Insulin to regulate my blood
A meter to keep track
Without them I'm in danger
Of falling through the cracks

Agony
I speak my words, but no one hears
The pen is mightier, they say
But words are wasted on deaf ears
That only know how to betray
I cry alone, with tears that burn
Insurance has denied me care
They say I don’t need what I earn
They say my life is not their affair
I need insulin to survive
I need to check my glucose level
But they don’t care if I’m alive
They only care about their bevel
I doubt their logic and their morals
I doubt their humanity
I doubt my life and all its sorrows
As I sit here in agony

©2023 Mary Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...