Overdose

Take another hit
Another sip
Another night to quit
People don’t understand and throw a fit
Right now this is my darkest pit

My monster is awake
Watching for my mistake
As the earth does quake
Just one more take
I’m not in the best shape
Everything looks fake

Screaming in my head
Wishing I was dead
My Monster is not well fed
And home he did sped
All while I’m in my bed
In pain and I dread

Doped up on pain medication
Seems like a vacation
Understand I feel everything its damnation
On days like this, I can’t deal with the duration

Knock me out, please
I want to go through life with ease
Pain doesn’t cease
Doctors just increase

Forcing the hydration
As they make quotes in their notation
I’m under dictation
They can’t understand my frustration!

 It doesn’t work, I scream
It’s the same old theme
Medicate, Medicate Medicate all in the bloodstream
It’s your depression, no the pain is extreme!

I’m losing my mind
And running away from being confined
Smile and Laugh on the outside I am fine
Crying and screaming on the inside every time

Doctors wrongly diagnose
You all are cutting it close
Just wait I’ll be engross
With the wrong prescription leading to an Overdose

©2021 By M. Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...