Where I may slumber


Now I lay me down to sleep
Where I see demons creep
Fighting hard to have a soul to keep
Torn asunder my life in blood seeps

Depression my old friend
The Demon that brings my end
The thing that plays mind games
The thing that tortures with emotional pains

I am miseries puppet show
All of the chaos through me will flow
Darkness will consume from below
Negative thoughts only make it grow

I have nothing left
I am broken
Without breath
No word was spoken

The ground shakes with the passing thunder
The ground splits and hell revealed
Down on knees, I appealed
Yet that's where I may slumber

©2020-2021 By Mary Robbins
Edited 2021
Image Credit: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...