Paralyzed

 living in constant panic
living in constant fear
Always fighting off the manic
Always hiding the tear

living day to day on pills to control emotion
This is permanently a cripple life
My head floods in waves like the ocean
Yet I rather play chess with grief.

Sanity keeps slipping away
Feels like nothing will sway
My tears turn against me
Stinging like the salty red sea

Today is not my day
I can't keep the PTSD at bay
My name is depression and anxiety
Thus my body has become a snack variety

Will I be up or will I be down
All it takes is a startling sound
Just take me to be sterilized
yet Here I am paralyzed

©2020-2021 By Mary Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...