Calamity

Staring at a blank page
Waiting for the performers on stage
Contemplating if it's worth my rage
Starting to light the sage

Trying to keep calm
As the muse left my palm
Watching her apply lip balm
As she recites that psalm

Life just isn't the same
I feel like I went insane
When everyone has treated suffering like the hunger game
Yet who do we blame

If I could speak without being silenced by tyranny
I would tell all without the irony
How life should work without the felony
If things worked we'd live in harmony

Yet I consider silencing a blessing
Stops the masses from their moronic session
Gives the minds time for resting
Relaxed and we can start testing
Without cops doing their arresting

World in Chaos Mode
With ignorance further to erode
As singers of this age start sounding like a toad
None of this is showed
Wither Time none of it flowed

Wishing for Amity
As everything has turned to Calamity

©2021 By Mary Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...