Living Dead Girl


Photo by Justin Gedak

Sleep is nothing more than a far off dream
So here I lay resting or so it would seem
As ashes fall from heavens face
I realize now that I'm in a 6x6 space

A daily reminder of the four walls
A daily reminder of those harassing calls
A daily reminder of how I'm trapped
A daily reminder of how people don't see I'm handicapped

Life was never fair
Yet it used to be easy to bare
Once upon a time ago, I use to care
Now all I do is mumble and stare
Once again into the dark
Once again to unleash the maddening lark

No room for compromise
Because in truth you speak lies
I no longer need fear
Nor do I shed that tear

You no longer rule this world
Go head let your lip curl
No surprise I became the living dead girl

©by M. Robbins
Edited 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...