That Nightmare

Sometimes I stare at a blank slate
Waiting for my muse to inspire
So here I patiently wait
As I watch the time expire

Memories Come To Me Of The Past
the ones where I Shed a Tear
I have issues that people fear
It’s a stigma, yet it won’t last

I’ve been here before
While hitting the floor
Only to settle a score
While they shout at me Rotten to the core

Ostracized for speaking Truth
I sit in my own little booth
Watching and waiting
Knowing people need educating

I have a Fact sheet about me
People will not see
No one is ready
Yet keep it steady

If you walked in my shoes
You’d know the pain
You’d ask how I keep it restrain
It’s not something I choose

Doctors made it a mess
And they refuse to confess
That’s how Texas is
Now snap crackle pop and fizz

Disable for life
And I cry
Even when I try
everything is in strife

Painkillers that don’t work
Waiting for the legalization of a plant
Yet people want to be a jerk
Not like I can get a spine transplant
Doctors won’t give a surgical option
Or should I say that Swaption

Pain so severe I’m nauseous
Eating has to be in a state cautious
I don’t easily scare
Yet I’m Living that Nightmare

©2021 By M. Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Poems

Falling Through The Cracks I speak my words with power and grace But the pen is mightier than my voice Yet those who need to hear them most ...